Thursday, July 12, 2007

3 for Tea

I've been invited to join a "smart" book club. Hmmmm. Our first book is "3 for Tea." Not sure how to underline yet. It's a fascinating, true story of a regular guy who gets lost while climbing K2, and the next thing you know, he's promised this village he will help build a school. He has no idea how to even begin. It's sometimes humorous how he blunders along. But in the last 10 years he's built 55 schools in the most remote locations, mostly for girls. He's fighting the Talaban with education. An excellent book!!

2 comments:

Mrs. Calder said...

PS I have begun a blog for school, hence the Mrs. Calder name. I'm not sure how to change that. :-)

Usandthings said...

I like the Mrs. Calder. This book seems like the book Room to Read I think it was called that I was telling you about. A man left his high-paying job at microsoft to build libraries and schools in Tibet, Vietnam, Laos, and now Africa.

Keep us updated on your "smart" book club reads!