Sunday, February 08, 2009

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins


You must read this book. That's all there is to it.

It's science fiction, sort of. I'm going to very cautious compare it to the Twilight series, but it's not really the same at all. It's got the same sort of vibe: juvenile fiction, can't put it down but don't know why, the main character is a girl. But there are no vampires or a *real love story. (*There is a love story, but it is tangential to the plot. We don't have to hear about his marble chest and fruity breath every page for 400 pages.)

Tyler read it in a few days and I read it in one sitting when I was really sick last week.

Read this book, you won't be sorry.

3 comments:

Bluebell said...

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll check it out.

The Duke said...

I don't know if I want to read a book devoid of marble chests...

Kati said...

Haha I thought I was the only one who was sick of the cold hard marbly skin all the time. She could have made her life easier and shorter if she cut most of that out. I was so happy to be done with that series.